Friday, October 3, 2014

MSU College Life: A 45-day Day Check In

I am a month and a half into my first year at Michigan State University. And I couldn't be more in love with it here.


The atmosphere, the people, my professors, the football games, the endless opportunities... Yes, Michigan State is a huge campus and sometimes it's hard to not feel like a seat-filler, but I have gotten involved with clubs like WBSA (Women in Business Student Association)  and  MBS (Multiculturial Business Students) that creates a family atmosphere for me at MSU. In addition, I'm also in the Resident Business Program and have friends from SBI!

I also love all the people I have met; everyone is so honest and genuine. With the short amount of time I have been here, I can already tell I have made really loyal friends. I feel like I have already grown and learned so much.


Quick lessons I've learned so far: 
  • Always make sure you get off at the right bus stop or else you'll end up some where sketchy in Lansing
  • Always look at your syllabus before asking a question about the class
  • Always keep an eye out for when you run out of toilet paper
  • Always take your clothes out the dryer on time or someone else will (not cool, will end up on the floor)
I also have learned to speak up for myself because if I don't no one else will.

I attended my first Career Fair which was fun and chaotic, but it taught me that even if companies aren't looking to hire freshmen, they are still impressed I showed up.

 





I have learned to  take every opportunity I can, and to reach out and network with people. 


Being on my own seemed like a very scary idea - but I feel like I am managing myself well now and becoming a responsible young adult.

College is nothing like I thought it was going to be, but I love it!

I'm obsessed with Michigan State University. 

 
Although it's hard not being able to see my best friends and family everyday, I wouldn't trade being here for the world.  College is so amazing, and I am glad to be experiencing it at the best university there is. I can't wait to see what else the year has in store for me!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It seems that you are having such a blast in campus. I guess it's because you are a very active participant in different school organizations and because you have lots of friends. I'm sure your school is so proud to have someone like you on board with them. I'm glad you're having fun while studying. Thanks for sharing that, Aubrey! All the best to you! :)

    Valerie Casey @ College Funding Freedom

    ReplyDelete