Definition from businessdictionary.com
Since I am studying marketing at Michigan State University, I decided I would feature those who have successful careers in marketing. I selected Misha Helvey, Vice President, Integrated Marketing for Real Times Media, because not only is she a great role role model for me in marketing but also a Michigan State University graduate. Go Green! She's also from Detroit.
Here's the interview:
2. What is one challenge you've faced and what did you learn from it? A consistent challenge in my industry is reduced marketing budgets. I have learned to demonstrate that by partnering with our Brands, it will result in growing their revenue and increasing their budgets!
3. Do you have a mentor? Yes, it was my dad. He taught me I can do anything I want in this world, as long as I am willing to accept the consequences. Consequences can be good or bad. :-)
4. If so, how has your mentor impacted your life/career? He inspired me to be confident and unafraid to follow my dreams!
5. What do you do to continue to grow and develop as a leader? Training to keep up with advances and demonstrate I'm a team player by listening and supporting our team as needed.
6. What advice would you give a college student today? Don't be afraid to open your mind to explore the vast array of training opportunities that exist. But most importantly, make friends and have fun!!! :-)
Misha L. Helvey
Vice President, Integrated Marketing for
Real Times Media
Twitter : @Mishalhelvey