Saturday, June 14, 2014

Book Review Hello My Name is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. [Video]

Beauty is a big business and a big deal - especially for teenage girls.  So much emphasis is on how a person "looks."  

A lot of girls want to be "celebrity-like" perfect but in real life you can't look like you're on the Red Carpet everyday.  

Some girls have more issues than VOUGE. Meaning they don't feel good about themselves and have low self-esteem because they don't feel "beautiful."


So many  teenage girls watch reality TV shows and music videos and try to look like the Kim Kardashian or Beyonce. A girl will have to really know and hear often that she is "beautiful" by her own standards.  If not, you'll always be insecure. And trust me, insecurity will destroy you. 




So, I was recently given a book to review on my blog by Loretta A. Morman.  She is a graduate of Michigan State (Yaay!) and she was also in the movie "DREAMS." She is so amazing! Plus she has a Master's degree and her own business.  She is an awesome role model.


Anyway, Loretta Morman just wrote “Hello My Name is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L”  - and it is actually a very good bookI like reading books about how to better yourself, and to be a better woman…especially because I’m going to attending Michigan State University and I will be away from everyone that keeps me sane, it's important I know who I am, and that I know what I stand for so I don’t lose myself in college.

The pressure to be "beautiful" can really make girls very anxious and sometimes become anorexic or even worse. It's sad.  There's more to life than trying to look a certain way...


Loretta's book teaches girls how to take care of themselves physically, mentally and emotionally through the Word of God, which is very important. 
Book by Loretta A. Morman, Hello My Name is BEAUTIFUL

As young girls we tend to sometimes lose our way, and forget that there is always God  on our side and we can lean on Him during whatever mood we are in.  Her book is also a workbook which helps you really dig deeps and know yourself and get to know God more. 



This book covers just about everything on being a girl…from table etiquette, make up, being confident to tons of other aspects of being a girl, the book covers it all. I can tell a lot a research went into the book and Loretta does a good job of breaking down the details so even "tweens" can understand this book. 

My Name is BEAUTIFUL is a good book for pre-teens, teens and even younger adults. Every girl could benefit from this book because the learning never stops. 

Watch this video and order the book!  It's available on Amazon.

Hello My Name is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. 


 




A graduate of Michigan State University ( B.A. in psychology) and University of Chicago (M.A. in Social Service Administration), Loretta  Morman has definitely prepared herself educationally to gain the proper training to fulfill what she believes she has been called to do...help motivate young people to live beyond the boundaries of their cultures and exceed the limits of their environments. Loretta is an advocate for young girls in gaining a healthy and wholesome sense of self-worth and self-esteem. 

Due to her passion for young girls, Loretta has taught various charm and etiquette classes. Loretta's passion for the performing arts, and love for young people have been the leading factors in her desire of establishing her own business, Life Beyond the Norm LLC. Loretta's overall mission is to please God and to always be true to herself while continuously serving others.

No comments:

Post a Comment